Monday 14 March 2011

Task Two

For this part of the project, I want a completely different image for the poster, rather than just changing my 3D model and including that. I want a simple poster that will be eye catching but also elegant. The idea i have for the poster are individual small boxes with a different letter on each front of the boxes, when placed together will read..
"100 Years of GFSmith Paper"

I haven't decided on how I want my cubes to interlock and connect to each other yet but I have been sketching a few basic ideas in my sketchbook, for the time being Im keeping them all as single boxes until I start photographing them for my poster image, them I will experiment with a variety of possible layouts.




This is a example of the basic net I have produced in photoshop, I have tried a sample of fonts that could be used, which is shown in my sketchbook, but I have chosen on the front "Zapfino" as I like the calligraphy effect of the type against the plain white box. I feel this design needs a elegant finish as the paper GFSmith produce are of high quality and have a delicate feel and finish to them. 



Here is the constructed net, measuring at 50mm x 50mm the boxes aren't to big but are also not to small either. You can see the difference in the type quality, the top image is my final chosen typeface 'Zapfino' where as the other image is a basic chunky 'Rockwell Extra Bold" typeface. The defined type 'Zapfino' is a much more neat font which I feel works well, Whereas the 'Rockwell Extra Bold" is alot more messy and boring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment