Friday 11 February 2011

Natural Form




Alot of the experimental work i have been doing have some similarities with the natural form of leaves. I have been using strips of paper and then twisting them above and below one another to create definitions of shapes.








 These examples of flowers could give me a good base for my final sculpture design. I like the way this bottom image give the impression of cones all interlinked together to form the circular flower head. I saw a exampled of a previous students work from last year, and their paper sculpture was very similar to this, I do like this style but I feel creating a load of cones will be very tedious and i need to design something i will want to keep working on. 



This model i cam across while looking for examples of circular forms is such a beautiful but simple design. I particularly like the way you can see through the middle, If i designed a number of small models like this then I could hang them all at different heights just like the example I found of a English company "Lladro" They don't use paper for their hanging sculptures but use ceramics. The image below is a stunning example of their work. 





No comments:

Post a Comment